Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it. - Danny Kaye

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving wrap-up & on to Christmas!

I hope you all had a wonderful & restful Thanksgiving.  I did and yet it went by too quickly (doesn’t it always?).  But it was great to have family in town and to visit with friends, get in some shopping and bring home a win… or rather that’s how MY Thanksgiving wrap-up went… how was yours?!?

I enjoyed all the Turkey Day food & even had some delicious leftovers to enjoy (but now it’s about time to throw it out I’d say)… turkey, mac ‘n cheese, broccoli soufflĂ©, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and the list goes on…

food

On Friday afternoon my sisters, mom, niece & I all went out to the mall to do some not-so-usual holiday shopping, but instead we accomplished rehearsal-dinner-dress-shopping. (As you may have previously read, my sister & future brother-in-law’s upcoming wedding weekend in less than three weeks away!).  While in search for the perfect dress, I came across the very cute & vastly popular Justin Bieber!!!  I know it, aren’t you jealous?!  Ok, it wasn’t him, but it was a cute cut-out of him – you like?

the biebs

My niece Sadie also enjoyed flirting with the guys in the store – she found a handsomely dressed mannequin to warm up to – or for a cute photo op.

sadie at store

The rest of her time was spent riding along in the fun little cart!

sadie shopping

Before the weekend was up, we attended the highly-anticipated rivalry game between USC & Clemson – only like the biggest event in South Carolina sports annually.  This year we decided to host Thanksgiving for two reasons: (1) because it was something new & fun and we could bring our families together in a centrally-located place, and (2) the USC/Clemson game was in Columbia.  Of course I dressed in my garnet & black while David casually sported a slightly toned-down version of Clemson colors (thank you!) in a purple & white shirt. 

me & david

even after the victory – smiles  :)

game

score

34-13  (Go Cocks!)

So not the best pictures from my phone that night, but you get the picture (literally) – and the score.  And although it was a tough loss for the Tigers & David, I came out of that night excited for the Gamecocks! (And he was still smiling in that picture taken after the defeat.)  ;)

-----

So after a long weekend of eating, drinking (ok, a little), tailgating, partying, celebrating & visiting with family and friends, it was time to wine down and start decorating for the next holiday…

Here comes Christmas!!

DSC_0705

the little ceramic Christmas tree that my grandmother made & which is now happily displayed at my house…

Red heart

How was your holiday spent & are you getting ready for Christmas?!

3 comments:

yceceli1 said...

You are so funny! I live this post & Beiber!!! I got the Christmas cd :) glad y'all had a good weekend!!!

CamLarson said...

i also loved the bieber pic, but also the pic of your niece -- too funny! also, we have the exact same ceramic christmas tree in our house that was Jimmy's grandmother's! :) happy holidays to you, Meredith! and..... GOOOO COCKS!

Kate said...

Interesting how you said it was time to "wine down." Freudian slip, m'lady? :) Ha. Love your posts!