Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it. - Danny Kaye

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

If you can’t laugh at getting older, what can you do?

That’s the way I’ve decided to look at turning 30 – to take it on with grace & poise… and enjoy it for what it is – the start of the next decade of my already healthy, happy & lucky life, so why couldn’t it get even better?  That’s what my sister has said about her 30’s so far - that her thirties have been the best years of her life! 

So to ring in my 30th birthday, we hit up a comedy show last night.  Why not do something out of the ordinary and make yourself feel young (and laugh at good humor)?  And not only that, but it was to see & support a friend from high school that’s making it big on the comedy scene across the nation!  Rory Scovel is on his Dilated Imagination Tour and last night I was lucky enough to get to see him [for the third time live] at the Coffee Underground in downtown Greenville, South Carolina – my original hometown.

Rory Scovel

I don’t know if you’ve heard Rory yet, but he’s had a couple big time debuts – one on Jimmy Fallon this time last year in which he performed about a five minute stand-up gig… and he was awesome!  [You can check out his performances on his home page here.] 

To say it was a great show is an understatement.  He’s awesome and if you live in the southeast, you should definitely check out his tour dates & locations on his website – nothing like a good comedy show… 

girls & rory

the ladies with the man of the hour…

boys & rory

the guys with the comedian himself!

And so the birthday started… dinner out with great friends at Trio in downtown Greenville on Tuesday night, then a good laugh with Rory & friends (and my folks!) at Coffee Underground and then… off to bed and early to rise for my real birthday.  Since I feel like I’ve already celebrated my big milestone birthday, I think I’ll finally cave to all the “old” comments today and enjoy a quiet night in with my hubby and pup.  Dinner in and relaxing in pj’s sounds just fine to me – even if it is giving in to all those jokes!  ;)

birthday pic

… after all, this could be the start of a beautiful decade!!

cake

No comments: