Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it. - Danny Kaye

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Orange popping up everywhere!

OK, that wasn’t a reference to my husband’s alma mater Clemson University although it seems their orange really is popping up in the news this football season… the kind of orange I’m referring to though (and the orange I love to see this time of year) is Halloween & Fall décor!  Yep, it was beyond time to pull out the Halloween décor and so we finally did this week.  It seems around our house that the color orange is almost everywhere…(let alone the fact that I painted our living room orange when I first bought this house) – well, “baked clay”, but it’s ok with me especially as the weather cools down and the days get shorter…it’s a bright color that makes everyone happy…am I right?

…from the slightly cheesy (but oh so cute) Jack-O-Lantern string lights…

DSC_0438

…to the homemade scarecrow from my senior year of high school art class…

DSC_0440

DSC_0445

…to the mantle décor which carries over into the month November & Thanksgiving…

DSC_0446

DSC_0451

 

DSC_0455

…to the gorgeous flowers this time of year…

DSC_0456

…even to the bourbon in the decanter…

DSC_0460

…and placemats at the dining room table…

DSC_0463

…but most importantly, doesn’t it look great ON?!?!?!  I’d say so…

DSC_0467

So even if it’s not YOUR color, enjoy the changes of the season and colors of the holidays…after all, doesn’t the color ORANGE make you feel all warm inside?!?!

5 comments:

Liz Bridges said...

Love Zoe's little hairbow! She looks embarassed, though! Haha! I love fall colors. best time of year. And the smell of fall... apples, cinnamon, pumpkin... yum!

Leenie said...

Zoe looks cute in her Halloween bow, and your decorations look great. I love autumn colors.

Charity said...

Meredith, I LOVE your fall mantle! Great job with that, girl! I love this time of year too, I've gotta go pumpkin shopping myself:)

Chase Irons said...

You are ready for Fall! I love all of your decorations and Zoe looks good rocking a bow!

Anonymous said...

Excellent write up and pictures-I enjoyed viewing and reading-
poppy