Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it. - Danny Kaye

Monday, July 18, 2011

a (snapshot) weekend in photos…

Not much to report today except when I looked back at my photos taken over the weekend with my iPhone, I decided I might as well do a quick post…why not?  Sometimes the short, somewhat-meaningless posts are the most fun to read, right?

This was a decently busy weekend for me as I traveled up to Greenville on Saturday for a quick round-trip baby shower in honor of one of my good friends (and expecting mother) Kelley Norris (check her out here).  She along with another dear friend Molly Cashman are both ‘expecting’ a day apart in September…so there are babies, mothers-to-be & baby bellies poking out from every direction!  I didn’t get a pic from the shower as I didn’t want to have my cell phone out (and was sans Nikon) so I have other photos to share instead. 

My mom has recently transferred two chairs to her living room in hopes that maybe one day this pair will be perfectly suitable for her living room (well, they actually fit perfectly and somewhat go with the colors in the room, but with the right fabric and fresh update they may be even more perfect).  I caught a shot of my pup Zoe resting on one before I went to the baby shower, so not only do you get to see her cute face, but you also get a glimpse of the color (& fabric) currently on the chairs (yep, a semi-bright orange) and I hope to (maybe one day soon) help Mom find the perfect new color & fabric for these two quaint twin chairs! 

zoe

As I mentioned previously, it was a quick round-trip to Greenville and back to Columbia, and although I have promised before that I wouldn’t text while driving (and I don’t), I still had to capture this rare moment as I drove back into Columbia Saturday afternoon…I mean really…who looks down right at the perfect moment to see such round numbers?!?!  I thought it was appropriate to capture it (and I promise it was quick because you can tell from the poor quality of the photo).

odometer

After rushing back in town I quickly met up for a fun dinner with friends before some of them had to head back home even further out of town.  We tried out a place I’d never been before located right here in Columbia next to Dianne’s on Devine (Virtu).  It was a delicious tapas restaurant with very good food!  I started out with a watermelon martini and finished with a glass of pinot noir, but in-between enjoyed nibbles of appetizers, a 3 Hearts Caesar Salad & their special “Surf ‘n Turf” with three tenderloins topped with crab & buerre blanc sauce…ummmm!

surf n turf at virtue

And last but not least I wrapped up the weekend feeling inspired by my new favorite show on Bravo TV… “Million Dollar Decorators”.  Yes, this show is “totally delicious”! (-quote from one of my fav characters, Martyn Lawrence Bullard).  I have wanted to (in due time) finish doing some decorating at our house (namely to do some fabrics on the windows…it can add so much to a room, don’t you think?), so I’m putting together my idea board (no, I’m not an interior decorator nor designer by trade or experience)…just giving myself a creative place to note & remember fabrics, furniture & colors I like.  Maybe it’s just a little something to keep me inspired over the course of time that it’ll actually take to accomplish all of this, but for now it’s fun to put it on paper, so-to-speak.  Either way, are you impressed?!?  ;)

design board

What did you accomplish this weekend?  Any fun tasks or new projects you’re undertaking?  I’d love to hear, so post a comment!  (and happy Monday!)

4 comments:

Chase Irons said...

I love your project board...what a good idea! Let me know if you want to do those roman shades; I've got a few more I want to tackle myself!

Anonymous said...

Me too! And "in due time" you know where to come shop!!! :)
~Nat

Kate said...

Love this, Mer! I might recreate this for myself!

Nessa said...

Super impressed!