Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it. - Danny Kaye

Monday, July 11, 2011

Are we really turning 30?

Although it’s a tough pill to swallow and I feel like I’m still in my early twenties, time is inevitable and it’s bound to happen…turning 30.  And what better way to enter a new decade than with great friends in a beautiful location!  This weekend was my dear friend Nessa’s 30th (well, it’s actually today, July 11th…happy birthday, Ness!) and we decided to help her “ring in the new year” by celebrating in Hilton Head at a relaxing resort with pools, beach, sun, sand, margaritas, champagne, birthday cake (courtesy Marianna), delicious dinners & just good times.  From the fun surprise we received upon arrival with gift bags full of goodies including a bottle of wine with Nessa’s baby picture (thanks, Ashley) to the amazing meals we had at fantastic restaurants (Truffles Café & Sante Fe Café) on the island (thanks for the planning Mari & Jenna) to the absolutely super-relaxing day by the pool with good friends…what a way to enjoy the start of this next phase in life… “the grown-up phase”…  Haha…we’ll see about that!

CSC_1017

DSC_0971

DSC_0974

DSC_0996
guacamole

DSC_1006

DSC_1004

DSC_1003

CSC_1012

DSC_0979

CSC_1014

DSC_0985

CSC_1016

CSC_1019

DSC_0990
DSC_0998

Enjoy your thirties, Nessa…I’m not too far behind you!  :)

8 comments:

Liz Bridges said...

Looks like a blast! Let me tell you... my 30s have been the best time of my life so far!!! Do not be scared! It only gets better! Since I turned 30, I had Sadie, became a Zumba instructor, made a lot of life changes, and got a new job! So who knows what good things are coming for you in your 30s!

Bailey said...

What a perfect way to ring "30" in! Sante Fe Cafe is delicious and we are so lucky to have it right in front of our resort. We hope that y'all will come back to celebrate 31...32..33..and many more!

-Bailey at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort

Molly said...

Oh man, this looks like so much fun... good food and wine + great friends! So sad I couldn't be there!

P.S. Mari - I'm very impressed with your cake!

nessa said...

Meredith, I can't believe I made it in your blog!!! It was such an awesome weekend, and I can't think of a more fabulous group of ladies to celebrate with. I love you!!

Charity said...

Meredith, this looks like such a fun weekend! Nessa looks beautiful at 30 and I don't think there's a better way to welcome the next decade! Glad y'all had a great time, you sure looked great! xoxo

yceceli1 said...

Looks like a fun weekend and Meredith you look just gorgeous! Love you!

Ashley Rodgers said...

Love Mari's cake! Looks like y'all had fun celebrating with Nessa!

ashley said...

Meredith--what a perfect "snapshot" of our perfect weekend.